Tuesday 22 April 2014

Greetings from Victor Vaus




Dear Friends at Knox,

I trust this message finds you all well. Here in Montreal I am busy wrapping up my second year at Presbyterian College. This past year has been both challenging and rewarding. Final exams will be over in another week or so, and with that I will have completed the requirements for my Bachelor of Theology. All goes well, next year should see me completing my M.Div.

I have been invited to serve as student minister at Barrhaven for the summer. Barrhaven is a developing congregation without a permanent church home as of yet. I will be leaving for Ottawa on May 1st, and will be there through August. While there I will have a place to stay provided by the congregation, and will be driving back to Montreal regularly to visit with my folks. Although my mom recently spent some time in hospital, they are now both doing well, and will be celebrating their 64th wedding anniversary this June.

There is also a conference here in mid-May being held at Presbyterian College which I will attend. It is being put on by Canadian Ministries and has to do with new church development, which should allow for practical application at Barrhaven. I will also be at General Assembly as PC student rep the first weekend in June, along with Dale Woods and Ian Victor. Convocation is on June 3rd, and I am hoping to make it back to Montreal in time to wear my cap and gown.

So as you can see the life of the ministerial student is anything but boring. I don’t know when next I will be in Burlington, but would like to invite all of you who might happen to be in Ottawa this summer to join us for worship at Barrhaven. In any event, I hope to see at least a few of you soon at General Assembly in Waterloo. I wish you all a blessed Easter!

Yours in Christ,

Victor

“And he said to them, ‘Do not be amazed; you seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He has risen, he is not here; see the place where they laid him.’” (Mark 16:6)


No comments:

Post a Comment