Sunday 3 November 2013

Church on its Knees


So where do we go from here? We all know that prayer is a fundamental part of our relationship with God as Father, Son, and Spirit. We all acknowledge that prayer is a dialogue with God that requires us both to open up to God and to listen for his voice in our lives. We all know that without prayer, we will lose our focus on God.
And so, I invite you to join me on a journey. Starting in November, we will be having a monthly prayer meeting here at Knox where we will pray for each other, the church, and the world. The first meeting will take place on Sunday November 17th from 9:00 – 9:45 a.m. and we meet on the third Sunday of the month moving forward. All are welcome to join me as we grow together as a community through prayer. That said, I do realize that a prayer meeting is not for everyone. We all pray in different ways so I do not want to exclude people from being connected to the church through prayer, so if you are not interested in attending a prayer meeting, but would still like to be engaged in this ministry please let me know. Please let me know by phone or email (aka not after worship today!) so that I can have a list of people who are interested and we can determine the best way forward. 
I know that prayer works. I have felt the power of prayer in my life, especially in the last year as I completed my studies and sought a call in a congregation. There is an invisible cloud of witnesses who have been praying for me to discern the right place for me to serve. Family. Friends. Classmates. Members of my extended church family. And I know that there have been people praying in this congregation for some time to find the right minister. I know that God has called me here in your midst for a purpose. And so we are going to P.U.S.H. – pray until something happens –to pray for God’s spirit to move through us as we see what exciting things God has in store for us.

Yours in Christ, Emma. 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment