Tuesday 14 January 2014

6 months and counting...

Today marks the 6 month anniversary of my induction at Knox Presbyterian Church in Burlington and what a ride it’s been!  I feel blessed in so many ways and praise God for calling me to this place! 

By the numbers, I have…

·        Lead 28 worship services (including 2 on Christmas Eve)

·        Officiated at 9 funerals for members of the congregation

·        Welcomed 3 new members

·        Conducted 2 baptisms

·        And…attended lots of meetings!!

But ministry isn’t about numbers.  It’s about growing in our relationship with God through Jesus Christ and learning to listen for his Spirit in our lives.  It’s about building relationships with others and growing together as a community of faith.  It’s about sharing the joy that only God can give.

I have learned so much in the past 6 months and I know that I have so much more to learn.  And maybe – just maybe - a few of you have learned something from me. 

As we continue to grow together, it is my hope and prayer that we will be open to follow God wherever he calls us to go.   

Yours in Christ, Emma.

While physical training is of some value, godliness is valuable in every way,

holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

1 Timothy 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment