Saturday 26 October 2013

Poem about Prayer

I have had a few people send me poems about prayer since I started this sermon series, so I thought that I would share this with you.  It is a powerful little poem that reminds us that God is always with us and that prayer is an important part of our relationship with Him!

The Difference by Grace L. Naessens

I got up early one morning
And rushed right into the day
I had so much to accomplish
That I didn’t take time to pray

Problems just tumbled about me
And heavier became each task
“Why doesn’t God help me?” I wondered
He answered, “You didn’t ask”
 
I wanted to see joy and beauty
But the day toiled on gray and bleak
I wondered why God didn’t show me
He said, You didn’t seek”

I tried to come into God’s presence
I used all my keys at the lock
God gently and lovingly chided
“My child you didn’t knock”

I woke up early this morning
And paused before entering the day
I had so much to accomplish
That I had to take time to pray

Yours in Christ, Emma.
I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation as you come to know him, so that, with the eyes of your heart enlightened, you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance among the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power for us who believe, according to the working of his great power. Ephesians 1:17-19

No comments:

Post a Comment