Thursday 31 October 2013

Quotes on Prayer


As I sit at my local public library writing my sermon for Sunday, I thought I would share some quotes about God answering our prayers.
 
There are more tears shed over answered prayers than over unanswered prayers.
Saint Teresa of Avila, Roman Catholic nun
If God listened to the prayers of men, all men would quickly have perished: for they are forever praying for evil against one another.
Epicurus, Greek philosopher
 
I certainly know that I would not be able to survive if it were not for the fact that I am being upheld by the prayers of so many people.
Desmond Tutu,
social rights activist and retired Anglican bishop
 
Expect to have hope rekindled. Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways. The dry seasons in life do not last. The spring rains will come again.
Sarah Ban Breathnach, author
 
The only time my prayers are never answered is on the golf course.
Billy Graham, evangelist and preacher
 
I have lived to thank God that all my prayers have not been answered.
Jean Ingelow, English poet and author
 
My mother was a Sunday school teacher. So I am a byproduct of prayer. My mom just kept on praying for her son.
Steve Harvey, comedian and TV personality
 
Yours in Christ, Emma.
 
I will recount the gracious deeds of the Lord, the praiseworthy acts of the Lord, because of all that the Lord has done for us, and the great favor to the house of Israel that he has shown them according to his mercy, according to the abundance of his steadfast love. Isaiah 63:7
 

No comments:

Post a Comment