Monday 21 October 2013

Yesterday was supposed to be my first day of blogging about prayer, but due to technical difficulties with our blog, today is day one!

During part one of a three part series on prayer, we talked about how the Lord's Prayer is a wonderful model for us to use in our own prayer lives.  I shared an acronym - P.R.A.Y. - that is a very helpful (and easy!) way to remember how to pray.  If you don't know what it stands for, check out my sermon on our web site. 

Here are a few other acronyms:
ACTS = Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication
APE = Always Pray Everyday
ASAP = Always Say A Prayer

CHAT = Confess, Honour, Ask, and Thank (courtesy of Jim Nicodem, author of Prayer Coach)

Yours in Christ, Emma.

I thank my God every time I remember you,  constantly praying with joy in every one of my prayers for all of you, because of your sharing in the gospel from the first day until now. I am confident of this, that the one who began a good work among you will bring it to completion by the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:3-6
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment